Welcome to Occupational Therapy at Land O' Pines School. My name is Janice Herrmann and I am one of Howell Township Public Schools Occupational Therapists. I enjoy working with children of all ages and have the pleasure of working with our pre-school population and our K-2 students. I look forward to working with your child and hope to provide a positive learning environment in which he or she will grow and bloom!
What is School-Based Occupational Therapy?
- Helps a student to fulfill his/her role as a student by supporting his/her academic achievement and promoting positive behaviors necessary for learning
- Addresses a student's functional limitations that are impacting his/her ability to effectively participate in academic-related activities
- Focuses on improving skills in order for a student to access the curriculum and school environment
- Supports a student in reaching his/her curriculum-based goals
- Supports academic, behavioral, and functional performance